Full-Time 2nd Shift Cross Dock Associate
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position may require individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating machinery. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Education & Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired. Up to six months of warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures, work methods, to become familiar with the company’s products, locations, machines and equipment, operating methods, and to attain proficiency requirements and to fully assume responsibilities of the job. Forklift certification, pallet jack, pull cart and RF gun scanning beneficial.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General knowledge and ability to perform relatively simple work using basic arithmetic. Must be able to recognize and understand Transfer labels. Must be familiar with the company’s products and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends. Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
LKQ is looking to hire a highly reliable and skilled Dock Workerwith knowledge operating a forklift, order picker, has an excellent work ethic, motivated, and enjoys working hard. We are looking for someone that has experience in loading, unloading, sorting, and handling freight. This position is perfect for you if you enjoy working hard, have an excellent work ethic, motivated, proficient at handling multiple tasks, can read work orders, emails, and follow oral instructions from Management. As a Dock Worker you will be expected to perform various warehouse activities to include but not limited to operate a forklift, order picker, scanning parts, staging, loading, unloading, stocking of trucks, and keeping up with inventory.
Essential Job Duties:
- Receives labels from supervisor for parts to be pulled for assigned Location.
- Operates a forklift or order selector to transport parts in and about warehouse.
- Loads trucks according to the delivery schedule and performs a final check off parts loaded.
- Sorts and places parts and supplies on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Verifies in-stock position on product for inside sales staff.
- Classifies all returns according to integrity and condition of parts, and prepares necessary forms (RDDR) for inventory adjustments.
- Signs off on all delete tickets, providing an explanation as to the reason.
- Puts wheel cores in staging area for return to remanufacturing facilities.
- Maintains orderliness and housekeeping of assigned work areas.
- Complies with established company policies and procedures.
- Initiates and supports the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries’ quality improvement system.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
How to ApplyIf interested in learning more about opportunities at LKQ, please reach out to me; Email - firstname.lastname@example.org Call - (614) 214-3704 or Click HERE to see a list of openings.
99 total views, 1 today