Full-Time Area Manager Fulfillment Center – Zulily
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, WA; Reno, NV; Columbus, OH and Bethlehem, PA, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day – and we are just getting started.
We are seeking Area Managers to manage teams in the areas of Receiving, Placement/Inventory and Picking/Outbound to ensure moms get their orders.
This will include working with the Operations Managers to ensure safety, efficiency, quality, productivity, continuous improvement and the hiring and development of teams. Additionally, it is the Area Manager’s responsibility to ensure there are properly trained associates and that there needs are met.
This person will be someone who likes change and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day. If you are looking for an 8-5 job, this is not for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and administer operational procedures for perfectly executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
- Managing teams, establishing procedures, metrics and processes
- Review the work forecasts and determine the productivity requirements to meet daily building objectives
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the FC to work in “zulily time,” adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent additional experience
- Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop, and manage 20+ employees. Our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need help drive it.
- At least 3 years of management experience in Receiving, Inventory Control, and/or Order Fulfillment
- Experience with building or improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Metrics driven mindset
- Experience with the use of Kaizens and operational excellence process improvements
- Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics
- Proficient in oral and written English communication
- Flexible to work weekends and overnight shifts regularly
How to Apply
Please call the Obetz Jobs Council at 614-409-4419 or click on "Submit Resume" on the main page of the Obetzjobs.com website
149 total views, 1 today