Full-Time Distribution Center Material Handler
Distribution Center Material Handler
As a DC Material Handler, you will:
• Handle and maneuver merchandise either as part of a shipping or receiving team according to safety, quality, accuracy and productivity best practices. This includes loading and unloading merchandise and putting away and pulling/picking large scale merchandise.
• Follow safety best practices: ensuring equipment is inspected and properly working; completes DVIR’s; work within safety policies and best practice; product is placed in aisles and boards are properly loaded to ensure a safe environment
• Handle merchandise, assisting others and asking for help when needed. Participates in training and re-training when needed.
• Ensure product is properly handled; alert management to issues regarding packing, tagging, and reports problems with specific product lines.
• Focus on customer service ensuring no damages are shipped to stores or placed in inventory.
• Follow best practices regarding tagging and placement of product and all merchandise is accurately shipped to stores
• Focus on tagging, pulling, placement and loading of merchandise to ensure there are no issues with shipments.
• Utilize time properly and efficiently.
• Achieve production goals without sacrificing safety, quality and accuracy; ensures customers are provided a high level of customer service.
• Work towards continuous improvement and achieving production goals for the company and the DC.
• Communicate and work well with all Team Members.
• Work as a Team to promote a work environment that supports the vision and values of the company
• Contribute towards a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to handle merchandise (lift, maneuver).
• Ability to operate equipment to heights exceeding 30′.
• Basic skills in operating hand-held scanning equipment and/or computers.
• Basic matching skills.
• Previous experience working in a production environment.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
How to ApplyPlease click on Apply Online to submit your resume. Please call the Obetz Jobs Network at 614-409-4419 with questions.
22 total views, 1 today