Full-Time Distribution Center Operations Supervisor
Distribution Center Operations Supervisor
At American Signature, Inc., we believe that everyone has the right to a well-furnished life. Every day, our customers embark upon their personal style journey—an adventure. To that purpose, we are committed to providing our customers with an easy and fun furniture-shopping experience. The DC Operations Supervisor is a key leader assisting the Operations Manager and the General Manager in achieving the goals of the operation.
As the DC Operations Supervisor, you will:
- Effectively communicate, with Team Members, expectations on topics of Safety, Quality, Accuracy and Production Goals.
- Partner with Training Coordinator to verify all Team Members receive appropriate required training, as well as refresher training as needed.
- Efficiently manage daily operations of the warehouse and ensure Team Members are adhering to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Monitor Team Members work to ensure high quality and consistent delivery of excellent customer experience
- Coach and develop Team Members for succession planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective coaching techniques and ability to build strong rapport with Team Members.
- Analyzing production reports and information to determine best process to achieve expected results.
- Effectively communicate with store management to resolve errors or issues with shipments.
- Conduct walk throughs of aisles to check for product placement issues to ensure safety of all Team Members.
- Verify all safety related incident investigations are completed in partnership with Training Safety Coordinator and paperwork completed timely.
- Report any and all safety related issues to the Operations Manager and/or trainer immediately.
Embody our values: Serve Others and Own it. You will:
- Be a team member that Serves Others, meaning you get enjoyment out of seeing other people succeed. You put team goals first. You display strong people skills, such as empathy, selflessness and good listening
- Be someone who Owns it, meaning you take ownership and responsibility for our shared success. You are someone who proactively identifies and solves problems
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to build, lead, and motivate teams
- Prior experience of leading teams of 10-20+ associates
- Ability to assess talent and coach, develop and manage performance
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, as well as in writing, with all levels of the company
- Previous logistics and management experience preferred
- Proven track record of driving for results
- Strong knowledge in furniture delivery standards, proper loading techniques
- Track record of servant leadership; serving others and putting team goals first
- Proactive approach; identifies and solves problems
- Experience managing change in large and complex environments
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others to higher levels of performance
- Match our values: Serve Others and Own it
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
How to ApplyPlease click on Apply Online to submit your resume, or call the Obetz Jobs Network at 614-409-4419 with any questions.
241 total views, 1 today