Full-Time Electrical Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Electrical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components.
Electrical Engineer Job Duties:
- Diagnose and repair electronics boards and assemblies to the component level using schematics
- Use oscilloscopes, multimeters and specialized test equipment to troubleshoot and isolate failures
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems in order to improve technical performance
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Assist Technicians and other Engineers with diagnosis of electronic systems
General Responsibilities of Position:
- Must possess knowledge of a wide variety of computer-related hardware and software
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be able to work with limited supervision and meet requirements of the attendance policy
- Must perform all functions of the job in a safe and professional manner
- Must keep work area(s) in neat, clean, safe and orderly condition
- Other tasks/responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software
- Advanced understanding of production processes, equipment and tools associated with computer hardware/software
- Electronic board assembly troubleshooting
- Electronic testing design
- Project management
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent experience
- Prior experience with Electronics repair
- Advanced experience with general computer systems/components
- Advanced experience with network, raid controllers, and switches, are an asset
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data, are an asset
- Hardware/software testing and general questions at time of interview
- Hours: M-F 7:00-4:00 w/1 hour lunch
- Benefits available after 60 days
58 total views, 1 today