Temporary Embroidery Machine Operator
Embroidery Machine Operator Job Description
Our Operations team is growing rapidly and Leaderpromos is searching for an Embroidery Machine Operator! We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants the opportunity to work alongside some industry-savvy and diligent individuals. This key team member will be extremely valuable in representing Leaderpromos to existing customers as well as having the eye for prospective new accounts.
What You’ll Do
The Embroider Machine Operator will work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to support production efforts and, while doing so, ensure Leaderpromos customers have great, embroidered products.
- Embroiders orders per instructions contained within the order document by performing the following:
- Checking the order against the paperwork to confirm receiving the correct sizes and colors
- Loading the digitized design into the embroidery machine and programing the proper color steps
- Checking proposed design against paperwork to confirm that it matches the required color, size and placement.
- Hooping the garment securely to allow for proper sewing
- Checking completed goods against paperwork and sign off
- Operates sewing machine to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to stitch cording, braid, or emblems on material or garments, following stamped design or working freehand without guide or markings
- Reads work order to determine type and location of embroidery.
- Selects size and color thread and draws it through machine guides and bobbin.
- Turns setscrews to regulate machine settings.
- Positions article under presser foot and presses pedal or knee control to start machine and control speed of sewing.
- Observes sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor of malfunction.
- May use embroidery hoops to hold fabric taut.
- Implement the daily and weekly maintenance and cleaning schedule for the embroidery machine to keep it in top working order
- Double check stock inventory orders that are pulled by warehouse personnel to confirm accuracy. Sign off on such orders accepting responsibility for their accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
You are eager to learn, outgoing, and have a positive attitude. You are flexible with change, hold yourself accountable, and are customer-service oriented. You prefer to work in a team environment that is committed to success. You want to be a part of a rapidly growing company where leadership cares for their people. You are enthusiastic about understanding customer needs and showing how Leaderpromos can help.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating embroidery machinery
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Takes direction easily and can navigate through an order
- Ability to stand and operate machinery for the entire workday
Leaderpromos is proud to be one of the top companies in the promotional product marketing industry in the US. We have a fun, unique and hard-working culture where we’re continually looking for ways to improve ourselves from the year before. In addition to our unmatched customer-service and dynamic work environment, Leaderpromos offers terrific benefits, growth within the company, and a competitive salary. We’ve proudly earned a Counselor “Best Places to Work” designation and are always looking for exceptional talent to join our team!
Leaderpromos is an equal opportunity employer based in central Ohio. Join us on our journey to the top and take your career to the next level.
How to Apply
Please visit our Career Site at https://www.leaderpromos.com/leader/careers.jsf to apply.
76 total views, 1 today