Full-Time FACILITIES/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
FACILITIES/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Position Description: Responsible for equipment preventative maintenance (PMs) and repairs to conveyors, electrical equipment, associated warehouse equipment and general maintenance in 500,000 sq ft distribution center (DC). Identify and troubleshoot conveyor, equipment and electrical power distribution and motor controls. Safely operate warehouse equipment and machinery. Perform minor equipment repairs requiring welding and fabrication. Regularly uses hand and power tools and performs work at various heights. Essential Functions:
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs ranging from routine to intermediate on equipment associated with warehouse distribution systems.
- Participate in Bare Escentuals training to obtain and maintain a license to drive warehouse equipment, including forklift, cherry picker and turret truck.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs on all DC related equipment.
- Perform equipment diagnostics and repairs of motor control systems, scanners, and building systems.
- Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Detect safety hazards and plan/organize smart, safe solutions.
- Develop project plans, organize and/or lead projects.
- HS degree or equivalent. Technical training/certification highly preferred.
- Two to four years related experience working in a DC environment.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and the ability to use hand and power tools.
- Previous experience with conveyor belt repair, preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency with email, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with DC technologies and process flow.
- Proficient in the operation and utilization of various Test & Metering equipment.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation with the ability to work independently with little/no direction.
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds and consistently stand/walk on a concrete floor, bend, stoop, and climb stairs.
- Must be able to perform work at high elevations.
How to Apply
Please call the Obetz Jobs Network @ 614-409-4419 or click on "Submit Resume" on the main page of the Obetzjobs.com website
642 total views, 1 today