Full-Time Janitor – Columbus Fair Auto Auction
JOB DESCRIPTION Perform routine janitorial work of facilities, buildings under general supervision and additional maintenance duties as needed. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean restroom areas, top to bottom, including men’s, women’s and unisex restrooms and supply restrooms, break rooms or other areas with supplies.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Clear debris from grounds, remove weeds, or asset with other lawn care.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Participating in Auction Activities on Sale Day as requested.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Various other job duties as asked by supervisor.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Energy Level
- Product Knowledge
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception
- Lifting of 50 pounds
- Ability to walk long distance
How to ApplyPlease click on the "Apply Online" button at the bottom of the screen, or call the Obetz Jobs Network at 614-409-4419
383 total views, 1 today