Full-Time Maintenance Tech 2 (2nd shift)
Following direction from the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Tech 2 is responsible for support of the maintenance department. This is a full-time, permanent position, 2nd shift (4pm-12:30am).
Minimum education: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum experience: 1-2 years maintenance experience in a distribution/warehouse environment. 1-2 years prior distribution/fulfillment experience preferred; forklift experience a plus.
|Maintenance of equipment/facility
|Assist in repairs and maintenance of equipment, parts and facilities at the Bearhouse. Responsible for watering batteries of forklifts and painting facility as needed. Assist in conveyor monitoring and repair. Assisting with forklift repair.|
|Perform tasks and assignments as assigned by Manager including but not limited to: troubleshooting minor electrical and plumbing issues, repairing walls and other areas as needed; helping with maintenance projects.|
|Other:||Other duties as assigned by management|
Ability to stand/walk/sit/talk/hear 8 hours or more per day. Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs frequently. Ability to climb stairs several times a day. Ability to use hands, fingers, reach with arms, stoop, kneel, bend.
While performing duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to mechanical parts and equipment. The associate will also be exposed to synthetic fibers. Although within Permissible Noise exposure guidelines, the noise in the work area is usually loud because of the conveyor system. The associate is exposed to moderate work temperatures including hot and cold. The distribution center and fulfillment center may contain some hazardous materials (cleaning supplies, battery acid) and airborne particulate.
- Ability to use RF guns, box knives and calculators
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced distribution center environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy; must be able to follow directions.
- Able to effectively communicate with teammates/leadership
- Ability to read and speak English fluently
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision on given assignments
- Must work in a safe manner at all times following Build-A-Bear policies and procedures. Maintain clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime with minimal notice; additional duties may be assigned based on business needs and associate may be asked to work in any area of the distribution center at any time.
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible and able to adapt to change.
How to ApplyGo to the Build-A-Bear careers site at www.buildabear.com/brand-about-careers.html. Click on Distribution Center opportunities to see available positions.
60 total views, 1 today