Full-Time Maintenance Technician -Zulily
zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, Reno, Columbus and Bethlehem, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day – and we are just getting started.
Zulily is looking for experienced maintenance technicians to build and maintain the mechanical and electrical systems that support its fulfillment center processes. The purpose of a Maintenance Technician II is to perform general preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and repairs of all conveyors, production equipment and building-related equipment.
This requires an intermediate working knowledge for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical subsystems to be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become larger problems.
A proven history working in a fast-paced environment with diverse material handling equipment is essential.
SCHEDULE: Wed-Sat, 5P-3:30A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Building Maintenance – Perform general facility repairs such as minor plumbing, general electric, lighting, painting, and wall repair. Perform minor repairs on doors and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks.
- Conveyor System Maintenance – Perform reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment. Responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary; includes the assembly/disassembly of pneumatic sub-systems. Troubleshoot conveyor system controls and adjusts/calibrates or repairs as needed, both preventative and reactive. Work with vendor partners to determine the root cause of issues and appropriate corrections.
- Equipment Maintenance – Perform preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, Powered Industrial Trucks, and building equipment as needed. Maintain complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas.
- Electrical – Perform trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC), including repair or replacement of system components.
- System Installation – Assist or perform installations of new or replacement facility equipment.
- Problem Solving – Uses problem solving skills and methodologies to resolve any issue as it relates to primary duties and responsibilities within the facility operation
- Facility Cleanliness / Safety – Ensure the primary work areas are left in an organized, neat and clean manner. Identify and act immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Use safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management regarding safety issues and training requirements.
- Fabrication – Utilize materials and tools to create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
- Record Keeping — Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Maintain records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in plant maintenance or construction with a variety of trade experience
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast paced production environment
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC’s and sortation controls
- Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently or in a team environment
- Ability to learn new trades
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if required
- Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate (i.e., electrical, controls)
- Working knowledge of standard building codes and safety regulations
How to ApplyClick on "Apply Online" below to submit your resume. Please call the Obetz Jobs Network with any questions 614-409-4419.
383 total views, 1 today