Full-Time Obetz Community Center Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Village of Obetz, Ohio
Recreation Coordinator – Obetz Community Center
Parks and Recreation
Obetz Community Center Supervisor
Part-time, seasonal staff; Volunteers; Independent contractors
Appointed by the Mayor in consultation with the Village Administrator, the Recreation Coordinator under the immediate supervision of the Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the organization, supervision, and evaluation of the specific recreation program for which he or she is responsible and/or assigned.
The Recreation Coordinator shall be chosen solely on the basis of his/her executive and administrative qualifications in the profession of parks and recreation, as shown by the adequacy of his/her technical training and his/her successful experience in parks and recreation.
Has proven ability in oral and written communications.
Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, civic leaders and the public in general.
Bachelor’s degree in recreation or a related field preferred; completion of secondary education or equivalent; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Sufficient knowledge of the professional field to carry out a full range of varied responsibilities and discharge the accountability required of the Seniors Recreation Coordinator.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain insurability under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive:
Motor vehicle; mobile phone, personal computer, computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office), printer, copy machine, fax machine, kitchen equipment and other standard business office equipment.
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS:
The employee has exposure to chemical compounds found in an office environment (e.g., toner, correction fluid, etc.); ascends and/or descends, stairs; works in or around crowds; has contact with potentially violent or emotionally distraught persons; has exposure to fire, hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy weather conditions; frequently lifts objects approximately 20 lbs; frequently carries objects approximately 20 lbs; frequently pushes objects approximately 20 lbs; frequently pulls objects approximately 20 lbs.
Note: In accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor physical demands strength ratings, this is considered medium work.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
JOB DUTIES in order of importance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: For purposes of 42 USC 12101:
Obey and promptly execute all orders of the Parks and Recreation Director.
The Recreation Coordinator shall have the following powers and duties under the immediate supervision of the Obetz Community Center Supervisor:
1) Help oversee the development and delivery of senior programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department.
2) Serves as liaison with Parks and Recreation and other departments in all community events; promotes the department to other community organizations, boards, and associations; promotes public awareness of the program through fliers, brochures, presentations, media events, and news releases.
3) Coordinates participant and citizen communication/correspondence (e.g., parent handbook, calendars, registration, fee payments, questions, disciplinary actions, presenter contracts, etc.); schedules and coordinates programs, practices, leagues, special events, field trips, special classes, competitions, tournaments, lessons, and facilities as appropriate.
4) Manages personnel who acquire program resources and supplies, prepares educational and outreach materials, writes curricula, and teaches within the program area.
5) Maintains contact with City personnel/departments, volunteers, the general public, and various government agencies/officials in order to obtain or disseminate information related to the essential position functions.
6) Maintains required licensures and certification, if any
7) Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
8) Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions
9) Follows all rules, regulations and ethics conduct as set forth by the Village of Obetz and the Obetz Parks and Recreation Department.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE CHARACTERISTICS: (*indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of: *Village goals and objectives; *Village policies and procedures; *personnel rules and regulations; *safety practices and procedures; Village certification/licensure requirements; public relations; community resources and services; office practices and procedures; English grammar and spelling; records management; employee training and development; supervisory principles and practices; office management; project management; local geographic area.
Ability to: interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, or picture or schedule form; interpret extensive variety of technical material in books, journals, and manuals; deal with problems involving several variables within a familiar context; apply management principles to solve agency problems; determine material and equipment needs; complete routine forms; prepare routine correspondence; prepare accurate documentation; compile and prepare reports; respond to routine inquiries from public and/or officials; communicate effectively; recognize safety warnings; understand technical manuals and/or verbal instructions; understand a variety of written and/or verbal communications; *maintain records according to established procedures; develop and maintain effective working relationships; use maintenance equipment; perform heavy manual labor; travel to and gain access to work site.
POSITIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED: Part-time, seasonal staff; Volunteers; Independent contractors
How to Apply
Please apply online through the "Apply Online Button," and be sure to submit a resume or detailed work summary. You can also apply inperson by stopping by the Obetz Administration Building at 4175 Alum Creek Dr, Obetz, OH 43207 to pick up an application. We will be accepting applications until December 8th, 2017.
403 total views, 1 today