Full-Time Operations Supervisor 2nd Shift
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Responsible for supervising a team of nonexempt employees and making decisions to ensure accurate and timely processing of merchandise/orders. Monitors daily activities, generates reports, analyzes production data, directs employee assignments, identifies capacity levels and makes adjustments as necessary to meet tight deadlines. Trains and develops employees. Monitors employee performance, writes and communicates performance evaluations and provides regular, on-going feedback to employees. Addresses employee relations issues and administers corrective action, as necessary. Ensures employee compliance with company policies and employment laws. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with business partners.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises a team of associates responsible for performing the various functions in the distribution center to move product and process orders, which may include: receive, count, assemble, pick, pack, audit, ship, stock/replenish, operate warehouse equipment and coordinate functions between departments.
- Monitors associate behavior and performance. Holds associates accountable for following proper work procedures, processes and system requirements to expedite workflow and achieve established productivity standards.
- Monitors and reports productivity statistics. Identifies trends and anticipates needs. Makes staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Enforces company policies and procedures. Administers disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Communicates regularly with leadership throughout the DC to coordinates activities and meet productivity goals and operating objectives (KPIs – Key Performance Indicators).
- Trains and develops associates. Ensures employees are properly trained on power equipment, WMS, RF and other distribution technology.
- Promotes a safe work environment and enforces safety and security policies.
- HS diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role in a DC environment required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Outbound/Picking.
- Available to work a 2nd shift schedule.
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access database plus working knowledge of WMS, RF and related DC technology.
- Experience with Red Prairie or other relevant WMS/LMS a plus.
- Must possess strong management, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical skills – must be able to, not only review, but interpret detailed data to draw business conclusions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate; must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Submit your resume for review to: firstname.lastname@example.org
63 total views, 1 today