Full-Time Order Filler
Under general supervision of the Order Filling Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the DistributionCenter, responsible for filling orders requested by ABC customers. Ensures orders are filled accurately and efficiently, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- If a fully automated, PkMS enabled environment, must be able to utilize the functions of the warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks.
- Accurately fills orders verifying quantity, size, strength, and NDC numbers.
- Checks each order after the order picking process is complete to ensure the product is placed and packed appropriate to prevent damage during transit; repacks order when necessary following quality standards and procedures.
- Carefully places merchandise containers on conveyor as requested, ensuring the route information is visible.
- Verifies that totes, cases, and paperwork are accurate prior to delivery.
- Promptly retrieves merchandise from floors, under shelves and from conveyor.
- Carefully and securely wraps breakable items in protective covering as requested.
- Assists with stocking shelves as requested.
- Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions, names and shelf labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: The noise level in the warehouse is generally noisy. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to operate in a production-driven environment and perform at a level that is 95% or greater of engineered standards.
- Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.
- May be required to operate a forklift or other rolling stock equipment.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Online button below to submit your resume. Please call the Obetz Jobs Network with any questions! 614-409-4419 Please make sure to attach your resume or detailed work summary
1035 total views, 2 today