Full-Time Production Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Responsible for supervising a team of nonexempt employees and making decisions to ensure accurate and timely assembling of kits. Monitors daily activities, generates reports, analyzes production data, directs employee assignments, identifies capacity levels and makes adjustments as necessary to meet tight deadlines. Trains and develops employees. Monitors employee performance, writes and communicates performance evaluations and provides regular, ongoing feedback to employees. Ensures employee compliance with company policies and employment laws. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with business partners.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises a team of associates responsible for performing various functions in the Assembly/Manufacturing Operations, which may include: assembly, work orders, special projects, and coordination of functions between departments.
- Develops and implements processes to enhance quality, cost, and delivery.
- Monitors associate behavior and performance. Holds associates accountable for following proper work procedures, processes and system requirements to expedite workflow and achieve established productivity standards.
- Monitors and reports productivity statistics. Identifies trends and anticipates needs. Makes staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Enforces company policies and procedures. Administers disciplinary corrective action, as necessary.
- Communicates regularly with leadership throughout the Assembly/Manufacturing Operation to coordinates activities and meet productivity goals and operating objectives (KPIs – Key Performance Indicators).
- Trains and develops associates. Ensures employees are properly trained on power equipment, WMS, RF and other distribution technology.
- Promotes a safe work environment and enforces safety and security policies.
- Works closely with business partners at other locations (corporate office, field, retail) to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Some college or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role in a Assembly/Manufacturing Operation environment required.
- Experience leading & participating in lean manufacturing/kaizen/5S disciplines & projects highly desirable.
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access database plus working knowledge of WMS, RF and related technology.
- Experience with the Red Prairie labor management system a plus.
- Must possess strong management, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical skills – must be able to, not only review, but interpret detailed data to draw business conclusions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate; must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Please call the Obetz Jobs Network @ 614-409-4419 or click on "Submit Resume" on the main page of the Obetzjobs.com website, please be sure to include a resume or a detailed work summary in your application
110 total views, 1 today