Full-Time Stadium Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Village of Obetz, Ohio
Stadium Manager – Fortress Obetz
Parks and Recreation
Parks and Recreation Director
Full time staff, part time staff, instructors and officials
Appointed by the Mayor of Obetz in consultation with the Village Administrator, the Stadium Manager works under the administrative direction of the Parks and Recreation Director.
The Stadium Manager will execute and oversee the Fortress Obetz Complex operations by performing a variety of sports and entertainment facility functions associated with a multi-use, public assembly facility including coordinating, planning, organizing, promoting, marketing and facilitating events and activities. The Stadium Manager must work with professional, college and recreational sport teams, promoters, contract services providers, and lessees to assist in the overall success of the activity or event while maintaining compliance with the Village, user contract and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
The ideal candidate for the Stadium Manager position will have both operations and event management experience as well as experience overseeing service contracts and budget responsibility. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and function under stress. This position must have the ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Required/Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree preferred; bachelor’s degree in relevant specialty and/or a field specifically related to the specialty for which the incumbent is responsible. Completion of secondary education or equivalent; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in the management of a large multi-use sports, entertainment and/or convention facility.
- Experience with security programs at stadiums, sports arenas or large venues. Knowledge of facility and event risk/threat analysis.
- A credential (e.g., Certified Parks and Recreation Professional, FEMA Certification) or license issued by an entity of competent jurisdiction in the specialty may be substituted for the required academic preparation when accompanied by two years of directly related experience, including supervision of programs in the specialty area.
- Supervise the development and delivery of programs, activities, rentals and special events / festivals.
- Oversee daily operations of Fortress Obetz including organizing staff, volunteers and resources needed.
- Develop and enhance venue standard operating, emergency and evacuation procedures, policies and directives for employees and public based on industry best practices. Reviews and updates venue life safety plan.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, resource personnel and other resources as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the annual budget which includes facilities and equipment as well as operational needs.
- Supervise the hiring, training and evaluating of staff
- In collaboration with the Parks and Recreation Director, evaluate special events and programs at Fortress Obetz to ascertain need for improvement or change. Evaluate need for additional community programs.
- Maintains effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, other Village employees, volunteers and the public.
- Serves as chief liaison for the facility on all matters pertaining to security, anti-terror prevention, life safety and emergency preparedness.
- In collaboration with the Public Information Officer, promotes public awareness of programs and facilities through fliers, brochures, presentations and news releases.
- A collaborative leader, you will foster relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Fortress Obetz goals namely: increase participation and usage; attract sports and entertainment activities and events; provide exceptional programming; and, enhance an activity culture within the community.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis pursuant to Village policies and directives and adjust work schedules as required by the institutional, programmatic or seasonal needs of the Village or the nature of the work.
- Perform other programmatic, supervisory or administrative duties as required in furtherance of the Village’s mission to promote and enhance the quality of life, by providing quality parks and recreation services to its citizens.
- Assist in special events undertaken by the department or the village, whether with the incumbent’s specialty area or not.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Work outside immediate specialty as needed or directed by the Director of Parks and Recreation or Village Administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to: sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear. An incumbent frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Physical activity such as running, throwing or swimming may also be required, depending on the specialty area the incumbent supervises.
An incumbent is routinely required to stand, walk and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on even or uneven surfaces both indoors and outside. An incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is exposed to moving equipment and parts. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.
How to Apply
Please apply online through the "Apply Online Button," and be sure to submit a resume or detailed work summary., You can also apply inperson by stopping by the Obetz Administration Building at 4175 Alum Creek Dr, Obetz, OH 43207 to pick up an application. We will be accepting applications until December 8th, 2017.
286 total views, 1 today