Full-Time Warehouse Operations – Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations – 2nd shift, 4-days, 10 hour shift from 2:00 PM to 12:30 AM.
The rate of pay is $13.50.
Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health:
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in one or more assigned areas of responsibility:
- May also require material handling equipment certification
- Accurately performs multiple operational tasks assigned to the individual
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills
- Performs one or more warehouse operations functions within the operating guidelines of the facility
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including Inbound, ValueLink and Outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 – 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and general computer skills desired
- Flexibility/adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills
The warehouse associate position is a very physically intense position. This position does not provide chairs or limited standing opportunities.Employees must be able to meet these requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
How to ApplyPlease call the Obetz Jobs Network @ 614-409-4419 or click on "Apply Online" below. Please be sure to include a resume or a detailed work summary in your application
1812 total views, 2 today